Telehealth & Telemedicine Consent
Telehealth & Telemedicine Consent
By checking the box, you indicate that you have reviewed the risks as described herein of receiving services utilizing telehealth technologies and consent to receiving the services. To the extent you are participating in a telemedicine offering of the Providers, a record of this Telehealth Consent is maintained in the files and records of the applicable Provider delivering your services. To the extent you are participating in a wellness offering of Onduo, a record of this Telehealth Consent is maintained in the files and records of Onduo.
What is Telehealth & Telemedicine?
Telehealth involves the delivery of health and wellness services using electronic communications, information technology or other means between either (i) a licensed healthcare professional and a patient who are not in the same physical location about a clinical matter with or without the support of a wellness coach ("telemedicine") or (ii) a wellness coach and consumer who are not in the same physical location about a wellness matter ("telehealth"). Telemedicine may be used for diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and/or patient education, while telehealth is often limited to consumer education, health information, and support for self-monitoring. In the applicable telemedicine or telehealth service, the remote interactions may include:
• Electronic transmission of medical records, lab reports, photo images, personal health information or other data;
• Interactions utilizing audio, video and/or data communications; and
• Use of output data from medical or over-the-counter devices, sound and video files (e.g. continuous glucose monitoring devices or similar tools).
What are the Possible Benefits of Telehealth & Telemedicine?
• It can be easier and more efficient for you to access health and wellness services. • You can obtain health and wellness services at times that are convenient for you. • You can interact with health professionals and wellness coaches without the necessity of an in person appointment.
What are the Possible Risks of Telehealth & Telemedicine?
• Information transmitted to your health professional or wellness coach may not be sufficient to allow for appropriate health or wellness services.
• As all data exchanged is in a digital format, a data breach enable increased access to health data. • The technology necessary to interact with your health professional or wellness coach may fail and delay your services.
By accepting this Telehealth & Telemedicine Consent, you acknowledge your understanding and consent to the following:
• I have reviewed this Telehealth & Telemedicine Consent carefully, and understand there are risks, limitations, and benefits of utilizing telehealth and telemedicine.
• I understand that by using the Onduo Telehealth Platform, I am not always speaking or messaging with my health professional or wellness coach in real time, and there may be a delay before my messages or information is reviewed. I understand that I must check the Onduo Telehealth Platform for messages because this is the way that health professionals or wellness coaches will communicate important information to me. I understand that if I don’t check the Onduo Telehealth Platform regularly, then my services may be delayed.
• I understand that information I provide as part of any telehealth or telemedicine offering is viewed as accurate, true, and complete.
• I understand that the electronic nature of the telehealth and telemedicine services means that there is a greater risk to the privacy of my health information.
• I understand that while the use of telehealth or telemedicine may provide potential benefits to me, no such benefits or specific results can be guaranteed. My condition may not improve. • I understand the Onduo Telehealth Platform makes available a specific set of services and I need to seek other resources for my other health needs.
Additional State-Specific Disclosures
The following disclosures apply to users accessing Onduo Telehealth Platform:
Iowa: I have been informed that if I want to register a formal complaint about a provider, I should visit the medical board’s website, here: https://medicalboard.iowa.gov/consumers/filing-complaint
I have been informed that if I want to register a formal complaint about a provider, I should visit the medical board’s website, here: https://kbml.ky.gov/grievances/Pages/default.aspx
Maine: I have been informed that if I want to register a formal complaint about a provider, I should visit the medical board’s website, here: https://www.maine.gov/md/discipline/file-complaint.html
Rhode Island: I have been informed that if I want to register a formal complaint about a provider, I should visit the medical board’s website, here: https://health.ri.gov/complaints/
Texas: I have been informed of the following notice:
NOTICE CONCERNING COMPLAINTS -Complaints about physicians, as well as other licensees and registrants of the Texas Medical Board, including physician assistants, acupuncturists, and surgical assistants may be reported for investigation at the following address: Texas Medical Board, Attention: Investigations, 333 Guadalupe, Tower 3, Suite 610, P.O. Box 2018, MC-263, Austin, Texas 78768-2018, Assistance in filing a complaint is available by calling the following telephone number: 1-800-201-9353, For more information, please visit our website at www.tmb.state.tx.us.
AVISO SOBRE LAS QUEJAS- Las quejas sobre médicos, asi como sobre otros profesionales acreditados e inscritos del Consejo Médico de Tejas, incluyendo asistentes de médicos, practicantes de acupuntura y asistentes de cirugia, se pueden presentar en la siguiente dirección para ser investigadas: Texas Medical Board, Attention: Investigations, 333 Guadalupe, Tower 3, Suite 610, P.O. Box 2018, MC-263, Austin, Texas 78768-2018, Si necesita ayuda para presentar una queja, llame al: 1-800-201-9353, Para obtener más información, visite nuestro sitio web en www.tmb.state.tx.us
Vermont: I have been informed that if I want to register a formal complaint about a provider, I should visit the medical board’s website, here: http://www.healthvermont.gov/health-professionals-systems/board-medical-practice/file-complaint; or
Board of Osteopathic Examiners can be found at: https://www.sec.state.vt.us/professional-regulation/file-a-complaint-employer-mandatory-reporting.aspx